Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

What a busy day!! We were invited to a party at my former employers GORGEOUS new home (ahem I mean mansion!, and did I mention GORGEOUS?) in Arlington. There was a parade too, but it was raining quite a bit, so we skipped that. It was nice to see Doug, Sarah, Josh and Sam again. A little sad too.......I was their nanny when I left college and moved back to Ohio. Sam was only 8 months old when I started, and Josh was born shortly after. I had both boys until they started at school. Yesterday they didn't remember me. My fault for meeting with Sarah for lunch just once a year or so, and keeping in touch through e-mail despite them only living 7 miles away. Still...it was sad. I truly love those two boys like they were my own!! During my employment there, Sarah became a friend to me, and both she and Doug were there to support me through some tough times. Next was home for a nap, and then of f to the Poe's house to play at the park and watch fireworks. (The weather actually decided to cooperate for the first time in a week!) Lucy was excited-this was her first time to see fireworks as we were all still adjusting last year after returning from China, and didn't make it anywhere. It didn't hurt that they had fudgesicles and glow necklaces for the kids! Haha! Thanks to all who included us in their fun yesterday!

My 4th of July flag and cute dress


Doug and Sarah


Josh and Sam (They are soooooo big now!)


Lucy and Rich at the park


Daddy loves to do self portraits........I can't tell you how many of these we have! But heck..they are cute!


Happy 4th of July everyone! Bye!


No comments: