Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sad news

Mark's grandfather passed early this morning surrounded by family. I feel so sorry Mark's mother, as she has lost her mother, brother, and now her father all in the last year and a half. I remember the pain I felt when my father passed away. It was a pain I have never felt before, and have not felt since. I also remember thinking that "part of me" was lost. One of the two people responsible for ME was gone forever. I know when I lose my mother, although I will be surrounded by loved ones, I will somehow feel alone. Knowing this, I feel for her in a special way. Both people responsible for HER are gone. My wish for her is that she knows I truly care for her, and am so PROUD to call her my mother-in-law. She is a strong strong woman who would do anything for anyone, even sacrificing herself. I pray the Lord provides her peace and comfort, and loving people for support. I know the next few weeks and months will not be easy for her, so please continue to pray for her and her family. Thanks to ALL OF YOU who left such sweet messages last night. They did not fall on deaf ears.

8 comments:

Tracey said...

MANY PRAYERS ARE COMING YOUR WAY...God Bless!

The Oetjen Crew said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You all are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Take care,
Dawn

Melba said...

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am sorry for your loss.

Doug and Terrye said...

I'm so sorry, please know that we are praying down here in FL.

Terrye in FL

Jan said...

Jill,
So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Sending hugs,
Jan, John & Jillian Rose

Carrie said...

so sorry for your loss- I lost a friend on Saturday as well as you know MJ last month and the pain is real hard to handle at the begining but God path is right for us all even though we may not understand why our time on Earth is sometimes long and sometimes so short. I am just so happy to have God in my life. I don't know how I would deal with this any other way!

JMCS said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry to hear of Mark's grandfather's passing. My thoughts and good wishes are with you all during the difficult time.

I also read the part about your father dying and I am so sorry. I also lost my father. He passed in 2005 at age 57 and it was so unexpected he was so healthy but had a sudden heart attack. It was also the worst pain and I have never experienced any pain like that before. Please send Mark our condolences. We are thinking of you all.

Love,
Jonni

Unknown said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. Prayers being said for you and Mark's family.